DjangoBooks.com

Selmer 1932 shop photos

BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
Follow this path:
http://www.selmer.fr/
> history > "from the origins until 1939" > 1932 > "Les guitares sont fabriquées dans les ateliers de Mantes"

There you'll find three photographs of the shops where the originals were built, with Mario Macaferri on two of them, you can zoom in the pictures two times and move around on the biggest size.

If you follow the other path at the end you'll see a picture of Django playing his Selmer with some kind of microphone attached.

Hope you like them!

Comments

• Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    If you follow the other path at the end you'll see a picture of Django playing his Selmer with some kind of microphone attached.
    It's this one taken BEFORE he went to America playing an amplified Selmer:-
  • simplygoodmusicsimplygoodmusic Rome, ItalyNew
    :D
    Cool that Louis, Coltrane, Stan Getz all played Selmers!
    Hello Ted,
    Great photo, can you tell me how the book is coming along? I'm quite anxious to get my greasy little hands on it. :D:D
    Very slowly I'm afraid. It is proving difficult to get the print and presentation quality I am after. :(:cry:

In the meantime, here is a superb photo from Le Bourget. This version appeared in Paris Match in 1950 but the copy I will be using in the book is a larger crop:-

19509dcparismatchzy0.jpg
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    FANTASTIC!!!!!
  • richdaiglerichdaigle SLC,UT✭✭✭✭
    killer photo...I'd only ever seen artist rendering of that photo or much smaller files of it...our hero certainly got his protein, he's got fingernails like a gorilla :lol:
    Have you uncovered any earth-shattering unpublished shots?
    Yes I have several previously unpublished photos like the one below taken in Django's Montmartre apartment. (I have deliberately blurred it as it is so rare).

montmartre1947blurredwp6.jpg

I also have some rare photos that have only been published once in obscure 1930/40s papers and magazines.

A lot of effort has been put into getting the information about the photos correct and some interesting facts have emerged in the process. Often, even in authoritative publications, the information given is incorrect. Here for example is The New Quintet at Salle Gaveau, 1940 with L-R: Hubert Rostaing, Django, Pierre Fouad, Joseph Reinhardt, Tony Rovira:-

rogerviollethcqjl6.jpg

What about the Herve Derien Stimer promo shots from Samois?

I think I have them all.
  • aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    great photos !! thanks for posting.
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
    http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/
  • FransFrans The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    Hi,
    anyone have a clue how to save these photos, my usual rightclick doesn.t work as they seem to be embedded
    kind regards and thanks for these great photos
    Frans
  • FransFrans The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, offcourse I meant the photos on the Selmer website