DjangoBooks.com

Favino Nylon stringed manouche guitar

All,

I happened to stumble across a nylon stringed favino manouche guitar (on www.favino.com) and was wondering if anyone had one or know anything about them..

I really like the sound of a classical guitar being used for unaccompanied manouche jazz with a plectrum and was wondering if the sound of the Favino nylon would be a good one.

cheers.

Comments

Are you talking about the Guitare Jazz N (cordes nylon)? I don't read French, so I'm not too sure what's what on that website.

I've really wanted a grande bouche nylon for a while, but I haven't played one. I have, however, played unaccompanied jazz manouche on my classical guitar (a Takamine) and I think it sounds cool.

Thomas Dutronc plays a nylon string grande bouche and he gets a good sound out of it.
  • simplygoodmusicsimplygoodmusic Rome, ItalyNew
    Costas Lukacs is another great player who used a nylon string d hole, to a great effect.
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I saw Alphonso Ponicelli play a whole GJ show on a flamenco guitar, and I really loved the sound of the nylon strings. I have the steel string version of JP's creation, the Jazz S, and it is fantastic! I should think the nylon string version would be as well.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
    Costas Lukacs is another great player who used a nylon string d hole, to a great effect.

Do you know who makes his grande bouche?