DjangoBooks.com

Cello taipiece?

Greetings,
I am searching for info, spec's and or detailed photo's of a cello tail piece. I am having built for one of my Sel Mac's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know that Ted's new Favino has one on it. I do not know if JP Favino sell's them out right. I have not found any contact info directly to JP, plus I do not speak French. I don't think he communicates very well in english. I could be wrong. Modification's to the end block I hope would be minimal. We'll see.
Thanks,
Allin

Comments

• nwilkinsnwilkins New
    Allin, Favino does not use or make cello style tail pieces - he uses gypsyjazz style tailpieces made out of ebony, like on Ted's guitar.
  • scotscot Virtuoso
    Benedetto and his students like John Buscarino use cello-type tailpieces on their archtops. A cello tailpice is normally attached with a piece of gut or nylon around the endpin, and you do need a small saddle for it to rest on, like the one a Saga. No big deal. You can buy one for a few dollars at any large music store. I think they even make cheap plastic ones that you could get for measurements etc.
  • A.K. KibbenA.K. Kibben Tucson AZ USANew
    Thanks Guy's
    I think you might be missing the point. I play the Contra Bass and Cello, and when I state I am looking for a "Cello tail piece" for my Dell'Arte, in mean one in the same "fashion" as a standard size and fit for a Selmer, not an archtop. Solid Ebony with NO metal at all. Ted's Favino does have a Ebony "Cello style" tailpiece that as I recall was built by and or deliverved to Ted with the Ebony tail piece from JP. Then if JP didn't or doesn't build them, who does?
    Thanks,
    Best regards,
    Allin
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    For those interested, you can see Ted's guitar here:
    http://www.djangology.net/favinoarchive ... no1115.htm
    And some discussion of it here:
    http://www.hotclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1200

Best,
    Jack.
  • nwilkinsnwilkins New
    So Allin, what you mean is that you don't want a cello style tailpiece, but rather a selmer style tailpiece made of ebony like on Ted's Favino? I think that Favino makes those himself.