DjangoBooks.com

Eastman AR805CE Archtop - SOLD (Victoria)

IzzIzz Victoria✭✭
edited December 2008 in Classifieds Posts: 10
OK, I know it's not an officially sanctioned GJ instrument. But I also know there are many GJ enthusiasts who play some straight ahead jazz (on the side, of course). So here it is.

I don't know of any guitars that can beat Eastmans on value for the buck. This one is a 2007 model. The body is curly maple, and the fingerboard and pickguard are ebony. The top and bottom are hand carved. Cosmetically, there are a few very small dings, but otherwise it's in great shape.

This guitar has a floating pickup with adjustable poles, and stealth tone and volume controls. It's very easy to play. I prefer the action a bit high, but the adjustable bridge makes it easy to get the strings right where you like them.

Most guitars have a point where the sound seems to break up if you play them hard. This one just keeps going. It has a big palette of sounds, from clear and sweet when played quietly all the way to a bark when played hard.

I've played the guitar through an AER, a Henriksen and a tube Vox amp, all without experiencing any feedback problems.

All in all, it's a beauty. I am only selling because I need the cash to finance a custom archtop I'm having built.

For more info on this guitar, see the Twelfth Fret's website: http://www.12fret.com/

If you are interested, I can be reached directly at 250 216-2848.