DjangoBooks.com

Sinti Rhythm's last gig at Atwoods Saturday Jan 10

robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
edited January 2009 in North America Posts: 244
Saturday night January 10, from 6:00 – 9:00 PM, after a two-year residency at Atwood's Tavern, Sinti Rhythm will perform what will be our last appearance there. Word is that due to economic circumstances the management is seeking to schedule more profitable kinds of entertainment for our time slot...even after we've regularly packed the house.

If you want to catch our act before we're forced to seek alternative venues, then now's the time to make it on over. There's no cover charge. The ensemble features Andy Moore on clarinet, Jack Soref and Robert Saunders on guitars, Matt Ambrose on bass, and James Nicoloro on drums, with special guest Nick Norman on violin. We're hoping that due to an outpouring of support our act gets held over.

Atwood's is located at:
877 Cambridge St, Cambridge, MA
http://www.atwoodstavern.com/
617-864-2792

Atwood's has a full dinner and beverage menu, and is the sole regular venue for Gypsy jazz music in the Boston area.

Thanks,
~Rob

Comments

• SorefSoref Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭
    Wow, thanks Boston for coming out, what a great turn out. Not sure if there was anyone from the forum there, but it was a really fun show. Apparently a number of audience members told the management they need to keep us around :) One of the owners actually echoed a similar sentiment 8)

I'm also going to play fact checker, I believe the official reason for the discontinuation of the residency is they can't afford to pay two bands a saturday. So our time slot will be out. Although it's funny, this the third month in a row that I've noticed we've packed the house, and then it empties out for the ten o'clock act.

I want to thank the rest of the band for playing their tails off, and a special thank you to our guest Jazz Violinist Nick Norman. If anyone remembers him from the Jams at the Last couple of DIJ's they'll understand why it was so great to have him on stage.

We'll keep you guys posted for any shows coming up, at Atwood's or places other.

Regards,
    Jack