DjangoBooks.com

Mandino Reinhardt Digo O Dives

PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
edited June 2009 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 765
I've recently being listening to this CD - what a great recording, the quality of the playing of all is superb. Mandino's lead guitar work is great, very tasteful playing; Costel Nitescu on violin is excellent - with a very soulful, clear sound; the recording is beautifully rounded off with heart-warming vocals on 3 tracks from Sony Reinhardt; would like to hear more vocals from him...reminiscent of Bamboula Ferret. The whole recording is notable for the superb recording quality. Highly recommended! :D:D:D

Comments

• FransFrans The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    I second that !!
    Digo Dives is easily one of the most underrated cd's in the GJ world, I notice time and again that most people who are not into GJ due to the excessive "shredding" and pattern-playing really like this recording for it's variety and very tastefull playing. It certainly is in my top three, only weird thing is that they never managed to capture that spirit on other recordings, the follow-up " Le swing de luthier" is nice but doesn't come close. Maybe we''ll have to wait for another stroke of genius from Mandino in the future.
    kind regards
    Frans
  • MitchMitch Paris, Jazz manouche's capital city!✭✭✭✭ Di Mauro, Lebreton, Castelluccia, Patenotte, Gallato
    Yes guys, this record is REAL jazz manouche, not some fancy Bireli copycats like all the young players...

As you said Phil, Mandino is underrated :roll: