DjangoBooks.com

Anyone play a Cordobo O-5 oval hole lately?

constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
Looking for a lower end beater and Mike has a great price on the Cordoba O-5. I'm not a big fan of Cigano, Gitane or Music Link Dell Arte. I had a cigano D-hole and a dell arte Pigalle (oval) and even with fret levels they didn't play/sound right. Although, the Pigalle had a nice gypsy sound and would be nice with high action. I think the lower end Gitanes have great necks, but the sound is a far cry from anything gypsy sounding to me. Hoping that someone has experience with the Cordoba oval hole.

Thanks!

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Just to let you know, the Cordobas are no longer being made so once the remaining stock is sold that's it!

'm
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    Yeah, I played one over the weekend. Had a pickup and onboard tuner and everything - not sure of the model #.

"Awful" may be giving it too much credit. :oops:

Stick with your Cigano. WAAAAAY more guitar for the money.
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
  • TomThumbsTomThumbs NebraskaNew
    I still have my MF Scratch n' Dent Cordoba oval hole....yes, with a tuner and all, and Tele295 isn't being anything but truthful.

The model is O-5E (because of the electronics). Actually for keeping out and around for just practicing, it's fine. I have brutally attacked the frets and shimmed the bridge so it buzzes less than it did.
    If someone's looking for a cheap practice/beater GJ guitar, I might part with it. Has a HSC, too. But, there is still a bit of a speed bump at the neck/body joint and some minor cosmetic issues. Would be great for around (or in) the campfire.

Tom
    Why do they call it a rest stroke......I get tired every time I try playing like that.
    TomThumbs wrote:
    ...Would be great for around (or in) the campfire.

Tom

I nearly spit out my drink. Nice line.

As for the Cordoba, I have only played one and it was not even close to the tone and playability of the Cigano. So........I bought the Cigano.
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    thanks!