DjangoBooks.com

Acoustic Image / need advise

I am considering selling my AER domino and buy an Acoustic Image amp.
I would prefer to buy the combination that Michael shows, the AI amp in combination with a Raezer's edge speaker. Problem, I cannot buy this in Holland. The Raezer's edge is not available :cry:
Buying it from Djangobooks is to expensive because of the importduties and transportcosts. The CodaR is available here in Holland but only at 2 places as far as I have seen.
My question, if you look at the CODA R, so the amp and speaker from Acoustic Image, is it nearly as good as the Raezer's Edge? Is it a lot better than the AER? Is it worth to swap the AER for the AI?

any advise would be great!
thanks!

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    The Raezer's Edge speakers are far better then the AI ones. That's why most people use them! They are really incredible!

The AI speaker is nice, but compared to the RE it sounds boomy and diffuse. The RE speakers are warm, clean, ultra detailed and very resistant to feedback. Really awesome!

The AER isn't even close...it's very midrange focused. Sounds boxy by comparison. The AER is all about small size/weight and lots of power. It does that very well but if you're only concerned with sound then the AI/RE rig is a lot better.

'm
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    What Michael said is dead on.

I have an AER Compact 60 and an Acoustic Image Clarus with a couple of different Raezer's edge extended range cabinets (one has a twelve inch speaker and the other has an eight inch speaker).

I have tried the acoustic Image Coda cabinet and found it VERY muddy. I have tried the Cub and found it underpowered and under featured.

The AER is small and powerful...but the tone is 2nd rate. The Clarus/Raezer's Edge combo is the best I have heard for amplifying a Selmac guitar, no matter what type of pickup you use.

Cheers,

Marc
    www.hotclubpacific.com
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • PaganiniPaganini New
    So it's clear that I sell my Aer and get a ai + raezer's
    Thanks for the advise!