DjangoBooks.com

Introducing Funktion m - A Fresh New Sound for Jazz Manouche

BaZaBaZa Tel AvivNew
edited March 2009 in Welcome Posts: 22
Hello everyone,

I am proud to present you with the recordings of a new project of mine, a trio dubbed Funktion m, that takes the jazz manouche sound into totally uncharted territories.

I teamed up with one of Israel's best pianists, Uri Gincel and together with bass player Oded Goldshmidt, whom with I recorded my album, we set up a unique trio, combining the sounds of a the acoustic jazz manouche guitar, a Rhodes keyboard and an electric bass.

I love the result, as I hope you would. The repertoire is comprised out of songs of various genres, and the first three songs recorded as an appetizer for the coming album "Apply" represent it beautifully: Funk up a bit of the old (Django's Moppin' the Bride), embrace a bit of the new (the magical Gypsy Dreams by the Ferret brothers) and throw in a bit of a twist (Jimmy Smith's Sagg Shootin' His Arrow).

After finalizing the demo, I now turn to promoting this trio: I strongly believe it belongs up there, on stages of the best venues and festivals, those who are focused on jazz manouche and those simply meant for the music lovers.

I hope to find promoters in the UK, Europe and the US. If anybody knows of anyone that might be interested, or festival organisers and such, I'd be be grateful if you could introduce us. I can be contacted at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->.

I hope you enjoy this little experiment.

Cheers,

Bar

Comments

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Nice stuff gents.

Hey Djangobooks folks... I seem to remember hearing that you wanted more experimentation.... well... here is some really fun experimentation.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.