DjangoBooks.com

Micro Chevalet "no drill" Bridge Pickup

Comments

• aa New York City✭✭✭✭
    So, it's Bigtone with a removable chord?
    Www.alexsimonmusic.com
    Learn how to play Gypsy guitar:
    http://alexsimonmusic.com/learn-gypsy-jazz-guitar/
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    "bigtone" is sort of a vague term that gets used for any Sel/Mac bridge mounted piezo. But the elements, bridges, and construction vary from maker to maker. So in that sense I guess you could call this a bigtone. But it's quite a bit different in construction and sound. I just briefly tried it out today and was pretty happy with it. I'll take it on the gig tomorrow and see how it does.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Michael,

How is the acoustic sound with this bridge? It looks kind of heavy in the photos, but that could be deceptive.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
    klaatu wrote:
    Michael,

How is the acoustic sound with this bridge? It looks kind of heavy in the photos, but that could be deceptive.

It is VERY heavy and it does significantly mute the acoustic sound...that's probably it's biggest flaw. However, it's so easy to take off that you can just put it on when you need to be amplified and switch back to a regular bridge when you're just playing acoustic.

'm
  • Blue DragBlue Drag S.F. Bay Area✭✭✭✭
    In the Adrien Moignard video he appears to be plugged straight into a Laney amp. I'm assuming you don't need a pre-amp and that it sounds OK (on the video, anyway) into a (electric) guitar amp?
    I assume so, but so far I've only tried it with an acoustic image amp and it sounded really good! I'll try some other amps when I get a chance.

Patrick actually recommends tube amps for use with this pickup!
  • Stewart HydeStewart Hyde LondonNew
    Hello,

I can't see any string slots in the picture. Do you have to cut your own?

Also is there scope to sand down the bottom of the bridge if the action is too high? Or would this damage the pick up?

Stewart Hyde
    Stewart Hyde
    Like all bridge blanks you have to cut your own slots....every guitar is different so it has to be done individually for each guitar.

You could probably take some wood off the top to adjust action.
  • BernieBernie France Gitane DG 300 J.Jorgensen
    Hello
    What would you advice for the most acoustic-like sounding pick-up these days ?
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles