DjangoBooks.com

Saga Gitane Deluxe Tuners - Hard to turn

constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
Anyway to loosen these up? They are quite stiff when tuning.

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Maybe a good cleaning and oiling?
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    strange...most turn very easily.
  • Blue DragBlue Drag S.F. Bay Area✭✭✭✭
    2-3 drops of "3-in-1" oil. That's what John Jorgensen recommended at a workshop I attended
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Is it possible that they don't precisely fit? They may not seat exactly right and could be binding up. A little grinding might be in order.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    What I mean is that they may not seat exactly like the ones that they replaced on your guitar, not that there's anything wrong with them. I recall that the Dell'Arte site mentions that some of their tuners may have to be ground to fit certain guitars.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles