DjangoBooks.com

2 quick Calton Flight Case questions

I know some of you guys out there have Calton cases. I am thinking about getting one. I was wondering how the weight compares to your average Bb hard shell case. Do those of you who have them use them all the time of just for flying?

Thanks!

Chris
Chris Ruppenthal
Caravan Gypsy Swing Ensemble
www.gypsyswing.com

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    they weigh a ton! Very few people use them for anything else except flying...
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Michael, I thought Calton cases were made of carbon fiber, which is incredibly strong but extremely light (They use it to make Formula 1 cars for that reason.). If that's so, what makes the cases so heavy?
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I really don't know...best to ask Calton directly. I'm not a dealer, I just have a used one.

But without a doubt, they are very heavy. Maybe the newer ones are lighter..mine is a 2005 and it's built like a tank. Good news is that these things are so strong an airplane run it over and I think you guitar would still be fine.