DjangoBooks.com

Ameranouche in June - Best of NH 2009, Connecticut and Radio

Ryan FlahertyRyan Flaherty New EnglandNew
edited July 2009 in North America Posts: 99
Ameranouche has 5 really cool gigs coming up this month in New Hampshire and Connecticut plus 3 Radio shows in one week! Here are the details:

IDEAT Village Music Festival, Thursday, June 18th -7 p.m. -Temple Plaza, behind Schubert Theater, New Haven, Connecticut 06501 http://www.ideatvillage.org

Acousticmusic.org Gypsy Jazz Workshop , Friday, June 19th, 7 p.m. hosted by Ameranouche - call (203) 458-2525 for reservations. More info at the end of this post. 1238 Boston Post Road, Guilford, Connecticut 06437 - Cost: 20

Harlow's Pub on Saturday, June 20th. Show will start around 7 p.m. Harlow's is located at 3 School Street, Peterborough, NH.

Verizon Wireless Arena on Thursday, June 25th. Performing for the NH Best Celebration 2009! VWA is located in downtown Manchester, NH. This will be our second year in a row recieving the Best of NH award!

Piccola Lounge on Thursday night, June 25th. The "After Party" for NH Best Celebration. This is going to be a good time. Show starts at 9 p.m. and goes to Midnight. $2.50 drafts will be served all night. So even if you didn't go to NH Best, you can still come hear us play at the Piccola, located at 827 Elm Street, Manchester, NH... just minutes walk from Verizon Wireless Arena. The lounge is very cool, relaxed and right upstairs from the Piccola Italia Ristorante.

Ricks Pond View on Saturday, June 27th. Show starts 7:00 p.m. and goes to 10 p.m. Rick's is located at 92, Route 25, Kingston, NH.

We are also playing 3 Radio shows this month. You can listen to the live broadcasts online!

WUNH RADIO: Monday, June 22nd 6 p.m. eastern time - www.wunh.org

WICN RADIO: Wednesday, June 24th 1 p.m. eastern time - www.wicn.org

WMPG RADIO: Friday, June 26th 7:30 p.m. eastern time - www.wmpg.org

Workshop details for Friday, June 19th at Acousticmusic.org in Guilford, CT
PLEASE RESERVE EARLY IF POSSIBLE! SPACE VERY LIMITED! (203) 458-2525 Ameranouche will host a Gypsy jazz workshop for instrumentalists of all levels, guitarists, bassists, beginners, experts, curious non-instrumentalists, and anyone else interested in the art and science of Gypsy jazz. We’ll discuss the stylistic features that characterize this culturally-diverse music, how to approach them harmonically and how to navigate their implementation. How to play "pompe", how to build a bass line, how to improvise, how to solidify technique, increase speed...In other words, we’ll get aimed for the next level, no matter where you’re starting from. If you play (or want to), definitely bring your instrument!

check out www.ameranouche.com

Comments

• Ryan FlahertyRyan Flaherty New EnglandNew
    The times have changed and the fest will now start at 7 p.m. and has some very cool bands in the line-up... all outdoors so looks like a great deal of fun, and it is free!
  • A.K. KibbenA.K. Kibben Tucson AZ USANew
    Break a leg boys and girl!
  • Ryan FlahertyRyan Flaherty New EnglandNew
    Yee-haw
  • ViejoVatoViejoVato New
    damn ...
    I knew I meant to go to NH this year for something ...

ryan, shep, is that you guys looking for a bassist on craig's list ..

cheers from Pomerene ...
    milzzzzzzzzzz
    "I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way"
    my granny 'Meme' Foster circa 1998 at age 102
    Django Jerry Jam - home grown GJ & Dead Ahead pickin'
    http://www.DjangoJerryJam.com
  • tzadiktzadik New
    Maybe they'll chime in here and one way or the other, but it is quite possibly them. I've decided to go back to school to finish the last bit of a composition degree, among other things. Looking forward to less time in the car! :)