DjangoBooks.com

FS: Like New Dupont MD50E

ibradburibradbur Halifax Nova Scotia✭✭✭
edited August 2009 in Classifieds Posts: 55
Like New Dupont MD50E. Made in 2006. Just beautiful to look at and sounds like it should. 14 fret Oval hole, flamed laminate maple back and sides, maple neck, solid spruce top, ebony fretboard. The guitar has no cracks or structural issues and is pretty much mint. OHSC included. Asking $3300.. Feel free to post or pm with questions.

Comments

• ibradburibradbur Halifax Nova Scotia✭✭✭
    New Price.. $3000.. post or pm if interested.
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Is this the MD-50E that was at Django in June?
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
    Yep, thats the one.
  • gianinagianina Colorado✭✭✭ Shelly Park, Thorell, Eastman
    Hello, could you tell me the nut width and does it have a pickup?

Many thanks,
    Bill Inverso
    The nut width is the conventional 1 3/4. I've been using an Audio Technica clip on mic which sounds great, and as such I've haven't bothered installing a pickup.
    what is your best price or should I say what are you willing to sell her for? Also, can you allow me a few days to check her out. It's always difficult to know unless you get to hear it, but it is a Dupont. Do you think the sound is mellower or more bitey with the maple woods?
    Thanks...
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Gianina--

I have played this guitar and it not only is the best looking Dupont I have ever seen, it sounds as good as any new Dupont. It is worth the asking price, IMHO, and I'd buy the thing myself if I weren't hopelessly addicted to acquiring more vintage guitars. It is a great guitar! I don't even know the owner's name, but we swapped guitars for awhile at Django in June and I fell in love with it.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
    Gianina-- I just sent you a message.. Ian
    I do appreciate your advice, especially not coming from the owner means a lot more, now what can I sell to buy it, hmmmm. Again, thank you. I am also looking at a Michael Collins for a grand less, but and I do mean a big but, it's not a Dupont. Do you know anything about Collins guitars?
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    What I have heard about Collins guitars is that they are hit or miss. Some really good, some not. Do a search around the forum for some examples of posts on that subject. Unless you can play it in person, you are taking your chances.

I also happen to know this Dupont, having seen and played it several times. I echo what Michael said about it - it's absolutely beautiful, flawless, and it sounds like a Dupont should sound. I was sorely tempted to buy it myself, but something else came up.

My advice: spend the extra money for the Dupont. You won't go wrong.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles