DjangoBooks.com

How do you measure bridge height?

klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
Dumb question: Do you measure at the highest point (bass side), or is it the average in the middle?
Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
-- Orson Welles

Comments

• HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    Ben,

Best to measure at each E string. Most folks do IIRC. Middle section is probably the average between the two measurements.

If going for a non-custom bridge, measure the low E as its the tallest

BTW, great jammin' with you at Northampton.

Best,
    HCQ
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Hey, thanks. I'm sure I had a great time jamming with you as well, but I'm not sure who you are. You must have another name besides HCQ.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    Ben,

We mostly jammed on Saturday. First under the big tree during the day, and then by the fireplace near the lobby. I thnk we also walked back from eating when you showed me your well worn picks..

My name is Sol and I came with my son who is a bass player.

Good luck with the new axe and be well. I was also thinking of getting another Sel/Mac, but after Django in June, I realized I have to get better at this style. Besides, I think my little Dell Arte really held up very well with its old school sound.

Best,
    HCQ
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Ah, that's good, Sol, I think I've got you identified now. Sometimes I wasn't so good at getting names. I did indeed enjoy jamming with you. Are you coming back next year?

It takes more discipline than I have to stick with the guitar that you have and focus on learning how to play it before moving on to another. I hope by next year I can prove to be somewhat deserving of this new instrument.

All the best ...
    Benny

-- Orson Welles