DjangoBooks.com

DFNW 2009

LaurentLaurent Calgary, Alberta CanadaNew
edited July 2009 in North America Posts: 34
I am planning to attend with a small Canadian contingent. We are planning to rent an RV in Seattle and park it at the site. I have some questions and have not received a response from the organizers.

- the RV parking/hookups are near the WICA centre.. Is this where the concerts and workshops are? Is this close to where the action is, or would we have to travel around a bit?

- If you buy the all inclusive tickets for the concerts does this include the workshops? Can you buy and tickets for all concerts and all workshops?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    Ok,
    here's some info for you, but you must film it all, and send me copies!!
    The campsite is just beyond the school, quite near wica and very close to troys, Its a bit of a hike into town for food though, and try to make sure your camper has a shower- as the campsite showers are not perfect (though not awful either) and a kitchen - the Restaurants are mostly very high price (though not awful- well . . .some of them are pretty good anyway). the star store is great, and you can in fact walk to most everything- unless some of the shows are at the high school. If they are all at wica and the middle school, you will be fine.
    usually the workshops are extra and quite worthwhile- there is an all festival pass I think . . . But typically that covers concerts only, and the classes are another fee on top.
    If the weather is good, walking is very pleasant, if the weather is bad, you may wish to drive a bit . . .
    Cheers,
    have fun- quite envious!
    Ben
  • LaurentLaurent Calgary, Alberta CanadaNew
    Thanks for all the info Ben. I can't promise to film all that much, but will be happy to share whatever I come back with.

It is hard to picture how things are laid out and how close things are to each other. Can you tell me how far apart the sites are that you have mentionned? Like the school, wica, campground and store? Just a ballpark estimate so I know if we have to have a car.

Also, what is troys?

Cheers
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    This might help:

Google Map of WICA & South Whidbey High School

Also, I'm assuming Troy's is Troy Chapman's house, where all the late-night fun happens...
  • Argyle DaveArgyle Dave bellingham,WANew
    All the concerts are taking place at WICA and the middle school which is right next to WICA. These two places are roughly half way between the campground and downtown where most of the jamming seems to take place. I'm guessing it is around 3/4 to 1 mile between the campground and downtown. There is a grocery store downtown. Eating cheaply is somewhat of a problem and last year there was not much time to eat between the afternoon and evening concert. The inconvienences at Djangofest are insignificant compared the the great overall experience. If I were staying in the campground I would probably want a car but then I'm kind of a lazy ass.

Dave
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    So,
    Yeah, in my opinion no car is needed- however here are the aprox distances.
    Campground to middle school- 200yrds (perhaps- a little less)
    Campground to Wica - 400 yrds (again perhaps a little less)
    Campground to cliffside bar - same as wicca
    Campground to town- 1/2mile-3/4mile
    camground to troys -1/3-1/2mile (yes, troy chapmans house- late night jam or listening spot)

Quite close really, no car is needed- just some way to cook a bit for yourself as (again) the food at the restuarants is very, very overpriced (for the most part). Best places to eat: (my opinion)
    Braburn (lunch and brunch only)
    Chocolate shop (amazing coco drinks) - name is escaping me

Thats it- shop at the store and cook if you can!

I really want film of some of the shows and jams- romane! and Zaiti in particular. Filming is not utterly forbidden, but just be subtle about it!

Have fun man!!!
    Good luck.
    let me know if I can help any more
    Ben
    Ben
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    I hope somone subtley films those two sets.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Nothing's more than a 1/2 to 3/4 mile walk away at most. No car needed.

... Troy's is an all night strip club that we all go to for our late night revue! :wink:
    Phil,

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

B.

Ps. yikes, a bunch of old white (well, mostly) guys with guitars striping- scary!
  • LaurentLaurent Calgary, Alberta CanadaNew
    Alright, we are booked! Every venue has assigned seating. This could have been a daunting task had it not been for Jeanette from WICA, a very nice lady who helped us get seat assignments for all the concerts.

When I was at Samois the concerts were all rush seating and many of the more popular concerts were viewed from the back. So, this is probably better.

Now... for an RV rental.