DjangoBooks.com

Bandages for burnt fingers

constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
Anyone ever burn their fingers?
I put my hand down on a hot gas grill last night and burnt my left thumb and index finger and right thumb (idiot!). I have a gig tonight and want to try to fight through it despite developing blister goo. I am a righty and the 3 remaining fingers on my left hand are OK and maybe the tip of my index. Has anyone ever found any thin bandages that could protect a wound but not add much bulk? Tape, NuSkin (liquid bandade) ?

Thanks - C

Comments

• JazzDawgJazzDawg New
    Ouch! Sorry to hear about that - makes me cringe.

You might try checking with you local pharmacist. There is a type of bandage that is used in hospitals that's used in surgical situations - don't remember what it's called. It might help, but anything is going to hurt putting it directly over a burn. Might not exactly be the best thing for your fingers.

I've played gigs with 103 temps and broken leg, but never with mangled, or burnt fingers. Certainly would be a situation to consider for your long-term recovery. I'd be afraid of hurting your fingers and hand more by 'playing through' this type of injury. Just a caution.

Best of luck to you.