DjangoBooks.com

NEW Bireli CD !!

Heavy DjangoHeavy Django ✭✭✭
edited October 2009 in Welcome Posts: 46
More gypsy jazz from Bireli on a newly released CD entitled "Gypsy Trio" with Hono Winterstein and Diego Imbert. Looks like it was and recorded in December 2008 and released on Dreyfus in europe on 8/24/09 . Should be available in the states soon. You can buy the MP3 tracks or purchase the CD on amazon.fr. if you can't wait (more expensive, however, given the weak US dollar). Here's the track list:

1. Lullaby Of Birdland
2. New York City
3. Le Soir
4. Limehouse Blues
5. Poinciana
6. Schön Rosemarin / Night and Day
7. Sir F.D.
8. Something
9. Made In France
10. Singin' In The Rain
11. Tiger Rag
12. Change Partners
13. Micro
14. Be My Love

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I will have this CD for sale next week!
  • SimoniusSimonius New
    That looks great! Back to the basics, I assume? With some unconventional songs though.
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    Downloaded it from Itunes- a few weeks ago -singin in the rain is fantastic..he sings at the end to underline that he is indeed mocking us all with his talent. a hundred years ago he would have been burnt as a witch. 8)
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    rimm wrote:
    Downloaded it from Itunes- a few weeks ago -singin in the rain is fantastic..he sings at the end to underline that he is indeed mocking us all with his talent. a hundred years ago he would have been burnt as a witch. 8)

Yes Singing in the rain by Bireli is wonderful--a real surprise!
    Great version of Lullaby of Birdland as well and Eddie Barclays New York--only dud for me is Be my Love--roberto Alagna may well be one of the worlds great opera singers but i don't like the way he cheeses this one up --not sure about some of Birelis unnessary substitute chords on this either--the tune doesn't need it.Listen to Keith Jarretts version to hear how simple is sometimes best
    Overall though another superb addition to Birelis work
    Stu
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Killer cd!!
    Love the trio setting
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    That's a really nice cd!
  • Micky DunneMicky Dunne Liverpool UK✭✭✭✭ Olivier Marin, JWC Modele Orchestre, AJL La Flasque
    Been listening to this for the last week or so and I am having a problem with Lullaby, now it might (and probably is) be me but the rhythm playing sounds hurried :? Anyone else getting this it's doing my head in as I can't work it out but something is bugging me :roll:
    Fast and bulbous

www.manouchetones.com
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    I personnally thought it was a good idea to speed it a little otherwise it's a little bit tedious. It's made with taste however and I found it very pleasant

Best
  • HotBootsHotBoots East Bay, CANew
    where can i get this cd? mp3 preferred. in the US. I can only find it available for sale on UK websites. thanks.
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    HotBoots wrote:
    where can i get this cd? mp3 preferred. in the US. I can only find it available for sale on UK websites. thanks.

I don't believe it's anywhere available yet, in the U.S. As above, Michael will have it soon; Amazon MP3, sometime in October. From what I saw, it's available for MP3 download now from Amazon.Fr for $13 and change.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.