DjangoBooks.com

Rare Rodrigo Shopis Favino Model for sale

chappiechappie ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2010 in Classifieds Posts: 125
It breaks my heart to sell this guitar (as well as my Dupont) but I need cash to pay for my vintage Jacques Favino. Nickel/Tortoise Miller Tuners, authentic Favino tailpiece, Solid Indian Rosewood back and sides, European Spruce top: $$ 3200.00

This is the world's best sound clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZDVD0wUKSM
and another: http://sixmoremiles.net/rodrigo.mp4

email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Charlie
charlie

Comments

• chappiechappie ✭✭✭✭
    This guitar is on hold.

Charlie
    charlie
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Then someone is a very lucky SOB! Rodrigo's guitars are fabulous!
    Littlewing
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    It has to be a very good Favino (it'd better be!)
  • chappiechappie ✭✭✭✭
    This guitar has been sold. Sigh...
    charlie
  • chappiechappie ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry... to all who contacted me offline, it's sold.
    Warm regards,
    Charlie
    charlie
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Charlie's Shopis arrived at my house this morning. All I've got to say is that if he was willing to part with this, his new Favino must be something really special.

Rodrigo is a true master. The guitar is gorgeous to look at - the photos hardly do it justice. Very light - only My Holo is lighter. Wonderful playability and fantastic sound. I'm no expert on Favinos, so I can't compare it to them. I'll just say that the sound is very rich, powerful, and balanced all the way up and down. Growly, almost organ-like bass and singing highs. A real pleasure to play.

Thanks, Charlie!
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    klaatu wrote:
    Very light - only My Holo is lighter.

I take it back. My Dupont is a bit lighter as well, but it's also a smaller guitar.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Ben!!!

Any chance you can come to Toronto and show us the Shopis Favino? Say, when a local Toronto guitarist gets delivery of his RS guitar in March? RS may hand deliver it (not confirmed, but fingers crossed).

If you come for a Tues night you can dazzle us all with your guitar and your chops at our jam.

If you can't make it I understand. How about just shipping the guitar then?

cheers

Wayne
    Congratulations Ben!!!
    Thanks, Wayne! Great to hear from you.
    Any chance you can come to Toronto and show us the Shopis Favino? Say, when a local Toronto guitarist gets delivery of his RS guitar in March? RS may hand deliver it (not confirmed, but fingers crossed).
    That wouldn't be Ian by any chance, would it?

Man, I'd love to come to Toronto for a jam, but I'm terrified of flying with guitars (see United Breaks Guitars), and it's just too far to drive. If I come up without it, maybe Ian would let me play his VRB, you think?
    How about just shipping the guitar then?
    Wayne, ol' buddy, have you ever heard the expression "Fat Chance?"
    Benny

-- Orson Welles
  • wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
    Ben:

I don't want to reveal the identity of purchaser of the new RS because he told me in confidence that he has not told a certain member of his immediate family about the purchase.

I think he's planning on using the "I've had that one for years" tactic. It's a good thing he didn't order the RS in sunburst finish. That deception would be a little harder to pull off.

I can dig not wanting to fly with a guitar. I'm sure we can put a pretty good quality guitar in your hands should you happen to show up.

cheers

Wayne