DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• harlemjoysharlemjoys Central Jersey✭✭✭
    How loud is this thing? Does it work for small but crowded venues?
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Just came in...I haven't tried it out yet. My guess is that it's better for quieter cafe type situations.
  • bluetrainbluetrain Finland✭✭✭ Cach, Epiphone Triumph, Gibson ES-300
    Just came in...I haven't tried it out yet. My guess is that it's better for quieter cafe type situations.

It would be very nice to hear your opinion about this amplifier as soon as you have the time to test it and write something out of it :) For example, how does it compare with it's bigger brother AC 60.
    Still waiting to hear about this amp...

Michael, you are selling it, have you tried it yet?

BTW it would be great if the Djangobooks Youtube videos included amps...
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Yes, we have it.

I gave it a try....it's a nice little amp for it's size. Extremely small and lightweight and you can get a decent sound out of it. Perfect for little low volume type gigs. Of course, it's totally lacking the frequency response and power of something like a Schertler Unico or an Acoustic Image amp. But if you want something small and inexpensive it's nice. I prefer the sound of the CUB AG-100 but the AC 33 is more flexible with two inputs and a lot more controls.

'm
    Thanks Michael,

I like the fact that the AC-33 can take batteries so you can take it anyway outside, I just wish I could hear how loud it is.

Would you say you like the sound of the Cub over the AC-60 as well?

I'm liking what I'm reading about the Cub, I just wish it had Phantom Power like the AC-60.