DjangoBooks.com

How to end songs ? - Rhythm/Comping Question

DominikDominik ✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in Gypsy Rhythm Posts: 47
Hello,

I've been practicing rhythm/comping for a while now. I listen to Django's tunes and and read the charts. Unfortunately the charts don't show how to end a song. I was wondering if you have a general rule to manage the end of songs.

Thanks !

Comments

• JazzDawgJazzDawg New
    There are a lot of choices, don't know that there is any one way to do it. However, Robin Nolan gives an example of one that works for some tunes. Check it out here. http://gypsyjazzblog.com/turnaround-endings/

Cheers
  • Robin gives a number of endings on his CD series.

Listen to what others are doing and rip off the best of them :twisted: :lol:
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    Another piece of advice from the horn player in gonz's band - rob . . . .
    Try to create arrangements that don't do what they are supposed to! play foxy lady and honeysuckle rose at the same time . . . this works at the end of a tune quite well . . . do a two five to the tritone, or go in a walking pattern to the 4maj . . . and so on.
    b.
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    bbwood_98 wrote:
    play foxy lady and honeysuckle rose at the same time . . . this works at the end of a tune quite well . . .

Kinda like a "mashup" eh?