DjangoBooks.com

Me playing Improvisation no. 1

SimoniusSimonius New
edited March 2010 in Welcome Posts: 68
Hi everyone,

I've uploaded a video of me playing Django's Improvisation on my Cigano.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69nn_b5Ls3M

Tell me what you think! I'm sorry about the poor video quality.

Simon.

Comments

• fraterfrater Prodigy
    I don't know if this is due to the poor sound quality, but your Cigano sounds really, really vintage!
    Good job: I just think you should check out the chromatic passages a bit (probably exercising at a slower tempo) but you have two rare qualities in your playing : a very good expression and a very Djangoesque vibrato. Those are difficult to find: bravo!
  • A few minor points that I noticed

Sometimes when your hand is doing larger sweeps it looks like and sounds like the angle the pick is hitting the strings is changing

It looks like the distance from the bridge where you are picking changes .... all guitars have a sweet spot where they will give the ideal combination of fullness and punch .... moving position for effect is a tool in the box and if you are doing this consciously then my comment is superfluous ...if your hand position is changing unconsciously not for effect then by keeping your pick in your chosen sweet spot is an important part of keeping your tone constant.

Bravo on your performance
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Excellent! very nicely done-good job Sir!