DjangoBooks.com

Dell Arte Swing 16

RichMRichM New
edited April 2010 in Classifieds Posts: 5
A stunning guitar from master luthier John Kinnaird: a DiMauro-influenced jazz guitar with floating Kent Armstrong pickup. The best of both worlds, this guitar is capable of sweet jazz tones but also stands up well to strumming and aggressive gypsy-style comping. All solid woods, master grade sitka spruce top, maple back,sides & neck. Condition is excellent, with only the most minor signs of use. Very few of these have been made and they are very difficult to find. $2995 plus s/h/i.

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Rich,

Where are you located?
  • RichMRichM New
    I'm in the Philadelphia, PA area-- you're welcome to come by and try it out if you're in the area!
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I was thinking more of a bandmate who's looking. We'll see!
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    I am not looking ot purchase (unfortunately) But I will say I have always thought those were cool guitars!
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • Pugs47Pugs47 New
    Looks like the same one Acoustic Roots had in Bryn Marr
  • RichMRichM New
    Good eye, I bought it from Acoustic Roots about three years ago. I wish they were still around, one of the few places in the Philadelphia area to buy a quality acoustic guitar.

Here are a few additional photos:
  • marcieromarciero Southern MaineNew
    So is this braced like a gypsy guitar, or is the construction like an arch top? (Is the top arched?) Just curious.

Mike
  • RichMRichM New
    It is not an archtop; it's a flattop guitar. It is closer in tone to Selmer-style guitar, with a big aggressive voice. I've found that by varying my attack, I can get a lot of different tones from it. Aggressive attack gives it tons of volume and presence, which makes it great for acoustic jazz styles. A gentler attack (using the pickup) allows for sweeter traditional jazz tones. A very versatile instrument.