DjangoBooks.com

Hand Made Magnetic Django pickups

jflojazzjflojazz Portland OregonNew
Hi Everyone , I have Made what I feel are some Great alternative Gypsy Jazz magnetic pickups.
They mount like a schertler with non invasive putty, you just plug in a standard 1/4 jack and you are ready to go. I am a professional musician and started this project out of intellectual curiosity
( and the 350$ stimer price tag) I have a few on ebay and anyone in the Portland Oregon Area is welcome to try some out on a gig. ( dave stassens has been using these for like a year, you can see him playing them on youtube

I am not trying to take over the market or anything but Fun and a little $$ on the side
some details. I use neodymium magnets , and ceramic magnets for Clarity and brilliance.
I have attempted to get a more transparent , less " electricky" sound the ceramics have a glassy top end while the Neo's are the most transparent and warm.
I have a Bar Magnet model as well as an adjustable polepiece design. height is about 5/16" to 7/16" they are both compensated to use with argentine strings and solve the " HOT" B string issues of the old stimers.
Both are single coils but I have just made an experimental "Djangobucker" Humbucker which is AMAZING, the most transparent magnetic pickup I have come across.
Anyway I am hoping to get some player input as I like to make these on the side when I am not touring with my group Vagabond Opera.
Cheers\
JFlo

Comments