DjangoBooks.com

Guitar Necks

I'm just about buying a gypsy jazz guitar (Gallato RS1939) and i've never played other GJ guitar, so i have one question:
Is the neck of GJ guitars thinner or thicker than electric guitars necks???
Is the neck of the GJ guitars thinner or thicker than most classical guitars???

I'm asking this because i can play thumb chords with my electric guitar, but when i try to play thumb chords in my classical guitar, i can't, i guess i have small hands.
Thanks

Comments

• fraterfrater Prodigy
    G.J. guitars have usually rather thick necks and Gallato are no exception: the 452 and the Tchavolo model had huge, squared ones... the RS1939 should sport a thinner neck but nothing comparable to an electric guitar. Have you considered buying a Gitane 250M? Slimmest neck of all and a very, very good sounding guitar IMO.
  • MusetteMusette New
    frater wrote:
    G.J. guitars have usually rather thick necks and Gallato are no exception: the 452 and the Tchavolo model had huge, squared ones... the RS1939 should sport a thinner neck but nothing comparable to an electric guitar. Have you considered buying a Gitane 250M? Slimmest neck of all and a very, very good sounding guitar IMO.
    I'd love to buy one, but i'm lefty and they don't make them left handed. :(