DjangoBooks.com

Violin and Mandolin Workshops w/ Jason Anick

JasonAnickJasonAnick Boston/HartfordNew
edited June 2010 in North America Posts: 55
I will be doing jazz violin and mandolin workshops this weekend, Saturday the 5th in Boston (18 Kilsyth Road in Brookline, MA). Following the workshops there will be an epic jam that will last all night, players of all skill levels welcome. Hope to see you there!

If you are interested in doing a workshop shoot me an email at [email protected].

Here are the details:

[u]Jazz Violin Workshop[/u] (45 min. - $20) ---- 7:15 PM

-For this workshop I will teach a few tunes within the Gypsy jazz repertoire and show you various licks and concepts so you will be comfortable improvising over those songs.

-I will also show you various stylistic approaches (vibrato, bowing...etc.) to help you get that authentic Gypsy jazz sound like Stephane Grappelli and Florin Niculescu.

[u]Jazz Mandolin Workshop [/u](45 min. - $20) ---- 6:30 PM

-For this workshop I will give you some picking techniques to help you get a "jazzier" sound.

-I will also show you various chord shapes and licks and patterns that work over those different chords.

Here's a short Bio:

24 year old Jason Anick is a Boston based jazz violinist, rapidly making a name for himself in the world of Gypsy jazz. He began touring with the John Jorgeson Quintet while still a senior at the Hartt Conservatory. Over the years, along with touring and recording with the John Jorgenson Quintet, Jason has shared the stage with such artists as David Grisman, Frank Vignola, Andreas Oberg, Tommy Emanuel,Tim Kliphuis, Kruno Spisic, and Gonzalo Bergara. His performances have taken him all over the U.S. along with such places as England, Scotland, The Netherlands, China, and Germany. As an educator, Jason has lead workshops at festivals and fiddle camps across the country and regularly contributes Gypsy jazz columns to Fiddler Magazine.