DjangoBooks.com

Django Would Go!!!

pmgpmg Atherton, CANew Dupont MD50R, Shelley Park Custom, Super 400, 68 Les Paul Deluxe, Stevie Ray Strat
edited July 2010 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 140
Hey Guys,

Here is another "must have" CD from the Hot Club of Hulaville. Hulaville? Yeah like from Hawaii. These guys really swing and have a terrific female singer that sounds like she just stepped out of a Parisian dance hall. The theme and excellent packaging of this CD is based on the premise that Django made a side trip to the islands at the end of his US tour. It includes a real cute love letter to Django from a young fan who had seen him perform the night before with Ellington and urges him to go to the islands. You' ve got to see this packaging as it is very unique and very good.

The performances are first rate and include cameos from both Gonzalo and Paul Mehling - including arrangements by Paul as well.

First rate, a lot of fun, and very highly recommended, Five stars!!!
I'm always interested in jamming with experienced jazz and gypsy jazz players in the San Francisco - San Jose area. Drop me a line. Bass players welcome!

Comments

• hulavillesonnyhulavillesonny HonoluluNew
    Thank you PMG!
    And a fond aloha to Paul Mehling and Gonzalo for dropping in and adding some tang to the brew...
    By the way... Gonzalo Surfs! If the guitar thing doesn't work out, he can make it on the Billabong Pro Tour!

We had such a great time.. We hope to be touring the West Coast in the Fall... Right after DjangoFestNW

Aloha

Sonny
    Aloha from Hawaii
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Where did you get it?

Do you have a link?

thanks
  • pmgpmg Atherton, CANew Dupont MD50R, Shelley Park Custom, Super 400, 68 Les Paul Deluxe, Stevie Ray Strat
    Here is the purchase link: http://hotclubofhulaville.com/HotClubof ... chase.html

This link opens with the song "I'm Pau" playing in the background - one of my favorite tracks!!!

Michael H: time to do a detailed a review and begin offering this CD! This is the hot GJ CD of the Summer of 2010!
    I'm always interested in jamming with experienced jazz and gypsy jazz players in the San Francisco - San Jose area. Drop me a line. Bass players welcome!
  • Paul MehlingPaul Mehling sf CA✭✭✭
    What a great idea, Django goes way west past California to the islands. Not only am I proud to be included on this CD, I'm seriously looking forward to catching these guys & girl live when they come to the states for a tour in September...
    Aloha!

~~pazzo