DjangoBooks.com

Jamming w/other GJ players in Toronto Sep. 8 - 19

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
edited August 2010 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 1,855
Yesterday I had a chance to do some jamming down here in Niagara where I live with Miguel, who was visiting from Brampton with his family, but snuck away for a couple of hours of guitar playing. Great fun!

Miguel tells me that there is a GJ jam session in Toronto every Tuesday night at the Dominion pub on Queen St. which I'll definitely attend during my visit to Toronto Sep 8 - 19 where my wife and I will be attending the TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival)... unfortunately, the dates of our visit are such that I'll only be in town for one Tuesday night, the 14th of September.

I'm hoping that there'll be GJ players in the Toronto area who are up for getting together and doing some jamming any other night during my visit... the GJ scene here in the Niagara area where I live is just me and one other guitar player!

My wife and I will be out watching films all day and relaxing in the evening. We can't have any wild parties or jam sessions at the building where we're staying, but I'm sure jamming with just another acoustic guitarist would be fine.

Please contact me at

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Thanks,

Will Wilson
Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."