DjangoBooks.com

Questions about any good stick on pickup.

HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
Hi,

On my first GJ guitar I have had good results using a K&K floating bridge pickup. I have recently acquired a Dell Arte Petite Bouche (Favino size) guitar. I am hoping if anyone here has any experience with, say, the DiMarzio Acoustic, DTAR, or other stick on pickups.

I tried the Dean Markley which fell short of expectations. Not enough volume, lots of handling noisee even in the attached cable.

I have heard and used a Schertler but its a bit expensive for my projected use.

I also use a Fishman Loudbox for amplication.

Thanks in advance,
HCQ

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    I've used the Dimarzio and I really liked it. The sound reproduction was natural with no piezo quack It's very low gain so a preamp is probably a must...
    I also owned a Schertler Basik and it was pretty good but a bit too trebly for my taste, good for rhythm, too thin for solos.
    Actually I use a Bigtone for gigs because it's really fat sounding, loud as hell and plug-and-play. A bit artificial sounding though... but still a very practical solution for live lead playing.

Whenever possible I try to use an Audio technica Pro-70 mic, that's the best sound I've found yet but not always gig friendly.
  • HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    Thanks1
    HCQ