DjangoBooks.com

What I want for Christmas!!! Levin Guitar '40s...

JazzDawgJazzDawg New
edited December 2010 in Classifieds Posts: 264
Check out this piece of history! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230560138503&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123 If you've got some extra cash, and want to make a poor guy from the midwest, usa a happy camper, you can buy this for me. Really!

Comments

• constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    just put it on paypal buyer credit and change your name....
  • thickpickthickpick ✭✭✭
    I don't know. Django was smoking when he played it, it could have cigarette burns on the top. I wouldn't pay more than $249,900 for it.
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    LOL!!!
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    At a quarter of a million dollars I'd expect it to come with a new set of strings - and a couple of the sellers organs if I ever needed one.

Mind you if it had the strings that django played still on it that might explain the price - there's a little Django DNA bank sitting there - just waiting for a mad scientist to grow a new Django.
    always learning
  • JazzDawgJazzDawg New
    Yeah, I know it's pretty high priced. Especially, when you consider the guys says it was 'given' to him. You think he could sell it a a more reasonable level. Don't think anyone's going to be picking that up for that price.
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Yeah, asking for a quarter of a million dollars is a bit hazardous considering the huge headstock of this guitar: you never know where you might end shoving it up... :D
  • What a coincidence i saw this and went to the bid with only 72 seconds remaining. Looks like no one bought it so. Shame, if i had my laser card on hand i prob would have bid, it'd match my laptop background of D' playing this guitar. oh well.