DjangoBooks.com

looking for a rhythm guitarist in ny area

duaneduane New
edited October 2005 in North America Posts: 4
greetings,

i have a gig in monticello ny (about 2 hrs outside nyc) on nov 11 and am searching for a rhythm player to back me up.

anyone have any leads on players in that part of the world?

thanks,
duane

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Duane,

Is it a gypsy jazz gig, or a mix of stuff (I see on your site the listing is for the Folk Alliance)? As it happens, the 11th is the first night of a weekend workshop/retreat we're putting on in Western Mass, otherwise I might be interested myself. Maybe someone else coming to the area can help out, though. You might also try posting to the Yahoo gypsyjazzguitar group; quite a few Northeast players post there.

Good luck,
    Jack.
    (And if the gig's early, feel free to stop by here afterward for the jam!)
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    Duane,
    I'm not going up to ma for that workshop- so I'll be in NYc, and not having a gig just yet, I'll do it!
    I sent an email already, but . . .
    Thanks
    Ben
  • duaneduane New
    wow this forum is pretty cool.

ben, i'll be in touch.

jack, i think the music is all in the gypsy jazz style but i'm twisting it up a bit and mixing in some music from different places like tunes from newfoundland where i'm from.

where's the jam happening?

thanks for your help,
    duane
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    The jam's at my place, before and after a Will Patton show at a place downstairs. Here's the link to the venue for directions, etc.
    http://www.pioneerarts.org/onlinestore/index.cfm

Again feel free to stop in-all are welcome!

Best,
    Jack.