DjangoBooks.com

Adrien Moignard Impressions Live!!

BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
edited January 2011 in Welcome Posts: 1,379
Seems he's playing a Hahl these days instead of his trusty Marin... Sounds great!! I really like his amplified sound, I believe from having seen the guitars Stephan Hahl had at Samois this year it's a mic or some sort of transducer/mic combo. Awesome player, one of my favorites. Great fresh ideas without losing the traditional attack and feel. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psYVW75kUKc

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Another one with Zaiti trio in Brisbane. Beautiful intro. Same guitar same great player.
    BTW Anybody studying rhythm should seriously check Mathieu out, he's amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcEcakYjNu8
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    Most exciting player out there in my opinion. Get him into the studio with Bireli ASAP is all that I can say. ..and add Ben Holder to the mix on fiddle for good measure. That cd would melt your speakers. 8)
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    rimm wrote:
    Most exciting player out there in my opinion.

Completely agree. And you guys know he'll be in the U.S. in January, right? He's playing at the Django-a-go-go festival in New York City around Jan. 22.

Adrian
    In case some of you have never heard Ben before here he is-He's heading over here in the new year to jam with us at a few gigs-He's the best out there at the minute in the U.K IMO. AND ONLY 20 YEARS OLD..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96ngCbuILMQ
  • FlabbenFlabben Bergen, NorwayNew
    Great to see all the new talent coming out! Adrien Moignard is mind-blowing. He recently did a 21 (!) day tour with Hot Club de Norvege and is definetely up there with the very best (other guest stars including Stochelo, Florin and Marius Estapol; Bileli was on the bill but didn't show up ... ). Ben Holder looks amazing and is booked for the Oslo Djangofestival in January. He's playing on the same night as Sebastien Giniaux, Rocky Gresset, Andreas Öberg, Frangy Delporte, Fiona Mombet, Jon Larsen and Hot Club de Norvege. Crossing fingers for the jam :shock:
    Morten
    What a jam that will be, wish I could be there -Ben will hopefully be with us at the end of Feb for two gigs here in Dublin. He's going to be massive. :shock:
    Flabben wrote:
    Great to see all the new talent coming out! Adrien Moignard is mind-blowing. He recently did a 21 (!) day tour with Hot Club de Norvege and is definetely up there with the very best (other guest stars including Stochelo, Florin and Marius Estapol; Bileli was on the bill but didn't show up ... ).

Morten, any chance you recorded any of those Norwegian shows? I've seen the videos on YouTube but am always looking for more.

Adrian
  • FlabbenFlabben Bergen, NorwayNew
    Unfortunately I didn't record anything, but you will get a few more hits in Youtube with the search phrase "Django i 100" (can never match the live experience). Pictures from the tour blog are found at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 2627937320.
  • I really enjoy listening to him too. Lovely phrasing
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    Flabben wrote:
    Unfortunately I didn't record anything, but you will get a few more hits in Youtube with the search phrase "Django i 100" (can never match the live experience).

Thanks for the tip there! I found two videos that I hadn't seen before, because they hadn't been tagged with the musicians' names. Cheers.

Adrian