DjangoBooks.com

what pickups are these? video

hi guys

I wonder if those pickups are expensive and if they are difficult to install

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukAFZgsA ... re=related

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    I think they are Audio Technica microphones. There are a number of versions, but the AT70 and the AT831B are the most commonly used. Romane & Stochello are using the supplied mic clip which hooks over the edge of the sound hole and a foam wind screen. The AT mic setup consists of a small mic, a light wire about 6' long going to a small power supply. From there you connect a standard XLR mic cable out to the amp or mixing board.

If you search the archive here, you will see several threads on AT mics and various ways of mounting them. They are very popular and lots of players use them.

If you are thinking about trying one, consider getting the AT8418 mount as well. It allows you to position the mic about 2" above the sound board pointing directly down, just behind the lower part of the bridge. A real sweet spot. There are a number of other ways, I think I've tried them all and the AT8418 used as described is the best I've found (so far!).

As far as installation, they clip on, no installation really. Very easy and flexible.

CB
  • rafapakrafapak ✭✭
    thanks!