DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (1)

• AndyW 12:38PM

Today's Birthdays

jtbbrannon Juy ggal24

Film for Django in June

andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
edited May 2011 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 134
Hi Folks:
I didn't know where to post this and I figured 'Chtop's corner was as good as any. Here's the deal...

There is a local cinema here in the Northampton/Amherst area that would like to be involved with Django in June by showing a Django-related film with us supplying some live music as part of the evening. Last year they showed Swing (featuring Tchavolo) and we sent over Aurelien Bouly with Josh Assad and Jack Soref for the live piece. The place was almost sold out and everyone seemed to enjoy it a lot.

I'm looking for suggestions on this year's program...especially on films. Anybody seen Jon and Jimmy? Care to make another recommendation? We've got a strong violin contingent coming this year, so a more Grappelli oriented offering might work.

For the moment, I'm steering clear of documentaries. We can provide the talking (and playing) heads. I'm more interested in feature films.

Thanks for any suggestions...

~Andrew
Django in June

Comments