DjangoBooks.com

invitation to our Django Inspired Music Gigs this week (NY)

bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
edited November 2005 in North America Posts: 666
Hi everyone,
So . . . I am playing a bit this week, putting myself in heavy competition (birdland, dennis being on the east cost of the us, stephane, and all that!) and annoucing my gigs- please come out if you are in the area, and play a tune or two with us- its free and fun!
Hi everyone,
We are playing This Sunday and next Saturday at Jam For Bread Cafe; a cafe located at the corner of Pacific and henry streets in Brooklyn, NY. Its a great cafe, with pastries, coffee, sandwiches ice cream salads, and all of that. The gig on Sunday is from 12-4 with the last part being a jam session for those wanting to try some django licks out.
The band is going to be great; including these guys:
Tom Landman- Lead Guitar
Piruz Partow- Bass
and me Ben Wood - Rhythm Guitar.
And some great guests later on in the day.
The Saturday Group adds a few features, a great fiddler, Monica Smith, and the fantastic jazz singer, my wife! Eve Seltzer (singing . . .). And from Canada, Duane Andrews. This one is at night, starting at 8pm, and going to 10- so you can still make the late gig at birdland for those folks in town for that- this way, you even get to play some django inspired music.
the exact dates are November 6th and 12th.
come out and play or Listen . . . It'll be fun.
Thanks
and see you soon,
Ben