DjangoBooks.com

recording of Blues on minuer

rottjungrottjung New
edited April 2011 in Repertoire Posts: 40
hey does anyone know which recording version this tab is from...?
the first parts fits the rome 49 recording but than changes...?

Comments

• Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    It's because it's from 1947 :
    You can find the exact recording here :
    http://papabecker.com/musik14.htm
    Also, please find attached a better tab for it.
    - JG
  • rottjungrottjung New
    thanx Joli
    but since i've learned the one I posted, i am looking for the recording this one came from.
    well i'll start on this one too. but i would still like to hear the one i learned...

EDIT: hahaha brilliant it's the same one! thx again Joli!
    It's also that this same song has been labelled as "Blues en Mineur", "Minor Blues" and also "Blues".
    So it can be a bit confusing if you're not familliar with it yet.

Again : please use my tab, yours is too far away from how we play in this genre.
    - JG
  • rottjungrottjung New
    edited April 2011 Posts: 40
    but your is in A minor, the recording is in Abm and the one i learned is in Gm :(
    what's wrong with the one i learned, i use the free stroke technique on the Gm one and it's doable, i change some position if i see it's easier...

edit: i ment the rest stroke...
    You're right this should be in Gm.
    I bet the recording should be in Gm too, it's just that for technical reasons the pitch isn't right... the recording played at bit too fast or something like that.
    I'll try to update your tab with fingeringz that makes more sense. Give me a day or two.
    - JG
  • rottjungrottjung New
    that would be great, i'm kinda stuck on the first phrase anyway, getting it up to speed is a pain in the ass! but it sure is a hell of an opening ;)

edit; btw i hope it isn't sped up half a note, that would be a major difference in speed.
  • rottjungrottjung New
    pitched it a half note down, without time stretch. if you give me your mail i can send it to you if you want.
    also hehe sounds like django plays a wrong note around 1:18 ;-) at the very last of his solo.
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    rottjung wrote:
    hehe sounds like django plays a wrong note around 1:18 ;-) at the very last of his solo.
    Blasphemy! Banned from DjangoBooks! :lol:

zap.gif