DjangoBooks.com

Fapy and Bamboula CD Offically Released!

Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
edited July 2011 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 589
Great news! The long-awaited-for and much-anticipated CD by Fapy and Bamboula is now available on iTunes for only ten dollars! The CD, entitled Ou Welto Risella, has 15 tracks with Bamboula on vocals and violin and Fapy playing some of his most beautiful guitar work ever. An exciting note for those who may have the "bootleg" copies is that--to my count--there are FIVE previously unreleased songs on this CD! Each is a new treasure. For students here, every song is an excellent study in Fapy's techniques. I don't know which floors me more -- how he so tastefully introduces and backs Bamboula's excellent vocals, or the multiple choruses he plays during his masterful solos. In many cases, he states the melody in the first chorus then creates a magical tapestry of arpeggios in the following choruses. This is a grand work of love from the undisputed master of the Gypsy ballad sound, and there is a lifetime of study in these recordings alone. Yet I know there are at least 19 more recordings from these sessions and hopefully they too will be released some day. Until that time, these will more than hold us over. Thank you Fapy for making these recordings available for everyone, and let me add, it is my great pleasure to be able to finally pay you for these wonderful recordings! I hope others who have the bootleg copies will also join me in this privilege.

Comments

• Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy
    Thanks for the heads up, Ed! Beautful music and such masterful vocal accompaniment........

Charlie
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Man, that is sooooooooooo nice... have it on right now.

It makes finish sanding seem... almost fun.
    (not really, haha... sanding is never actually "fun" per'se...)

But again, that is soooooooooo nice....

Wonderful work, Messr's.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • BflatBflat New
    When was this album originally recorded?
    It's just a matter of opinion...
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Wow, thanks for the heads-up, Eddy. It's on my iPod now. Beautiful!
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Archtop EddyArchtop Eddy Manitou Springs, ColoradoModerator
    Bflat wrote:
    When was this album originally recorded?

My guess and my very unofficial records show around 2000. If I get a better answer, I'll let you know.
  • redbluesredblues ✭✭
    A tenner for the album, so very worth it.

http://itunes.apple.com/album/ou-welto- ... n-mpt=uo=2

It is currently sparring with Gonzalo's Simplicated for GJ album of the year 2011...few more rounds to go yet.
    Best description is it would be an excellent without Bamboula, Fapy and the lads are consummate in their accompaniment. Fine music all round.