DjangoBooks.com

Somewhere, Django & Yves are puking...

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
edited June 2011 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 1,855
My latest home recorded demo, to try to get some gigs at a local French restaurant...

Warning--- enjoy this, kids, but preferably with an empty stomach...

Will
Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON
Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

Comments

• rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    Ahh yes, Will, I dig it-if I was the owner you would be paid in full every week and allowed to fill your pockets to brimming with profiteroles. Lovely stuff.
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • You're modest. I enjoyed it.
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Hmmm.... out of 113 views of "C'est si bon" only 2 people said they liked it... if this were baseball, I'd be batting .018...!

Well, what the hell, I'm going to add insult to injury by posting some more of my recordings from last week... as I said, I'm trying to get a gig at a French restaurant (still haven't heard anything yet on that, will be calling them later today to pester some more) so I did some stuff rather on the commercial side...

So here goes... I don't claim it's great but as of this moment alas, it's just the best I can do....if you've never heard the tune "Nadja", it's a "good old good one" written by jazz violinist Sven Asmussen... easy to play and fun.

Will

PS By the way, is anybody else out there trying to go the route of playing solo with backing-track accompaniment, perhaps doing restaurant gigs like the one I'm trying to get?

If you are, I'd love to compare notes...
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."