DjangoBooks.com

Minor Swing intro

edited June 2011 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 67
Hi could anyone show me how to play the intro line to minor swing in harmony on one guitar, I think it's pairs of notes but I'm struggling getting it to sound right. Thanks

Comments

• jimvencejimvence Austin, TX✭✭
    edited June 2011 Posts: 73
    [quote="Graham_Fellows"]Hi could anyone show me how to play the intro line to minor swing in harmony on one guitar, I think it's pairs of notes but I'm struggling getting it to sound right. Thanks[/quote]

Here's how I play it.

Am -----------------Dm--------
    -----------------------------------5------------------------------------------------------
    -------- -5----6p5---------6-----6------------------------------------------------------
    -----5---5----7p5----7----7-----------------------------------------------------------
    -7--7-----------------7-----------------------------------------------------------------
    -7---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You do the outline of the conventional Am and Dm chords on the 5th fret

Outro works the same, just outline Am Dm as shown, the outline the 7th fret E7 chord

Hope that helps
    cheers, that's exactly what I was looking for :D
  • lacrossehotclublacrossehotclub La Crosse WI✭✭✭ Dupont Nomade
    Alternatively you can approximate a Bm7b5 (Dm6) for the second chord and a slightly more exotic harmonic approach.

Am---------------Bm7b5*

--------------------------------5------------------------------
    ------------5--------3----6----6------------------------------
    -------5----5-------4----7------------------------------------
    -7----7--------------------------------------------------------
    -7-------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

*finger the start of the Bm7b5 with the 2nd and 3rd fingers then slide up