DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    At this price, these are too good to be true! Amazing hand built guitars at Asian import prices...

'm
  • Very interested. Just sent you an email request for more info.
  • tacosandbeertacosandbeer ✭✭
    Hi Michael. Why are these listed as "mystery guitars" as opposed to being listed by the luthier's name? I mean no disrespect. Only want to understand the reasoning for it.
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." --Friedrich Nietzsche
    Some luthiers look 100 years down the road and think "is this a guitar I want my name on for eternity?'" if they can afford to only sell their "perfect" examples and either destroy or sell the others anonymously they do. This is more common then you'd think....

Anyway, the good news is these are fantastic guitars and a great way for someone to get a handmade guitar for less!
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I should add that I encouraged a friend here in Chicago who playes in a prominent band to take a chance on an earlier one of these, and he is absolutely thrilled with it. Looks great, sounds great, plays well. He couldn't be happier.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • tacosandbeertacosandbeer ✭✭
    Some luthiers look 100 years down the road and think "is this a guitar I want my name on for eternity?'" if they can afford to only sell their "perfect" examples and either destroy or sell the others anonymously they do. This is more common then you'd think....

Anyway, the good news is these are fantastic guitars and a great way for someone to get a handmade guitar for less!
    I think this is great! And I'm glad luthiers are willing to sell these instruments as opposed to destroying them. Thanks for shedding light on my question.
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." --Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Well, that is finally that.

I look forward to unraveling the mystery later this week.
  • I received this yesterday and had a chance to play it on a gig.

First thoughts - Wow. It's loud, enough so that it was able to be heard above the other guitar, a Dupont, which was amplified. I thought the setup might be high as describe (3.6mm) but it was actually quite pleasant and not difficult to play at all. I feel pretty fortunate to have found this late on a Saturday afternoon browsing this site. More on this once I get some time to explore it in detail.

Thanks Michael.
    Thanks Jim, glad you like it!