DjangoBooks.com

New Lick Vid - Using the Whole Tone

MaxwellGarcesMaxwellGarces Laguna Niguel, CA.✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 122
Playing whole tone over an A7. Fun pattern and you can use it all over the place.

Enjoy!

-Maxwell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdm_LAujUE4

Comments

• HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    Nice lick Maxwell - I was just reading about the whole tone scale in Wrembel's book last night. This video helped connect a few dots for me. So the whole tone exists from whichever note I begin with as long as I keep playing whole steps up or down from there - it's my choice to resolve to whichever chord I'm playing over or leading to.
  • MaxwellGarcesMaxwellGarces Laguna Niguel, CA.✭✭✭
    that is exactly right! you can use it over melodic minor, dominant, augmented, a flat 5th, anything really.
  • Great lick, as usual, Maxwell. I worked on it last night for a bit and it worked it's way into my brain throughout my sleep last night.

That guitar looks like a dream to play.
  • MaxwellGarcesMaxwellGarces Laguna Niguel, CA.✭✭✭
    thank you jkaz! im glad that it is working for you. it can be an infectious little pattern for sure...
    and you are right, the guitar is awesome. Jeff has played it so much that in the couple of years he has had it, it has opened up considerably and has the richest sound. i mean, when he first got it, it sounded incredible right off the bat but now its like unreal.
    it is also very easy to play with the way that it is set up. it is going to be very difficult to give back to him, which i will have to do this week, sadly for me.