DjangoBooks.com

Romane Roots & Groove - cd and dvd

KarenAnnKarenAnn Virginia✭✭
edited July 2011 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 55
Anyone heard the cd or seen the dvd yet? Not much info on the description page..

Comments

• redbluesredblues ✭✭
    I have the cd. It's....well...funky, very funky. It's not gypsy jazz and it's not Parliament. I like Romane's departures but Djangovision is a better example, unless your a funk fan of course.
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    I don't have the DVD yet; only places I can find it are taking pre-orders. But I have the CD. It's a neat project and this is a live album. The title song is stuck in my mind... I keep humming it... it has been stuck in my head now for two days. ;-) I'm a big funk / B3 fan - have been for years. If you like AWB, Tower of Power, Ken DeRouchie, Edgar Winter, Stevie Wonder... that sort of thing, then you will like it. Lot of cool things going on - people stretching the genre. If you've ever heard some of the electric violin stuff Zipflo Reinhard did - or if you heard Stephane Wrembel's electric GJ experiments with Jared Engel & Mathias Bubla then you have a rough idea of where Romane is going with this group.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.