DjangoBooks.com

Lollo Meier's Guitar

PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
Here's Lollo's "Godefroy Maruejouls" guitar that he used at last night's gig in Hull...with it's cool inlay!

Comments

• Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    I saw this guitar in construction. What did it sound like?
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    I've heard some samples in the new site: it sounds great but IMO Thrip's maple one still rules! :D
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    I got to play it in Godefroy's workshop the day before it was handed over. Really beautiful instrument! I had a hard time putting it down. Very rich sound, and a big lovely chunk of wood for the neck.
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    I saw this guitar in construction. What did it sound like?

It had a warm, gypsy tone, that suited Lollo's style well; it had great projection...the guitar isn't as yellow as depicted in the photos, that's flash for you, it was ligher/blonde. Not sure what guitar Dave Kelbie was playing for rhythm - might also have been from same luthier? cheers Phil
  • thripthrip London, UKProdigy
    frater wrote:
    I've heard some samples in the new site: it sounds great but IMO Thrip's maple one still rules! :D

8)
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Hi Thrip... I think I bought my Manouche from the guy who sold you the Maruejouls and, though I hadn't the chance to play it, I had the strong feeling I was quite wrong not going for the latter. But now I don't regret it because it landed in much, much better hands! :)
  • thripthrip London, UKProdigy
    Did you buy it from Mal?

I originally tried the Maruejouls in Samois and was very much taken with it. Luckily he decided to sell it to me! Did you try it?