DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    What a beauty! Love the straight grained rosewood, the fiddleback walnut neck and the very authentic looking hardware. I wonder where he is getting the tuners and tailpiece?

CB
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I played a Busato copy by Killy at RF Charles' shop in Paris last month. Great sound, very authentic.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    It sold, it was a beauty!
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Yes, it did, and it was. Wish I had the money, but it's probably a good thing that I didn't.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    A little bird told me it had some fret issues in Samois, had they been solved?
    frater wrote:
    Not at the time I saw it. The ends of the frets were sticking out from the fretboard. Francois was aware of that and he was planning to take care of it. I'm sure he would have done so before sending it out. Made it hard to play comfortably, but didn't change the sound.
    Benny

-- Orson Welles
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    frater wrote:

Just checked....frets feel fine. Changes in humidity can sometimes shrink the neck a bit causing the frets to protrude slightly. Maybe this guitar experienced that at Samois. Feels fine now so either it was rehumidifed or the fret ends were filed down.

'm
    frater wrote:

Just checked....frets feel fine. Changes in humidity can sometimes shrink the neck a bit causing the frets to protrude slightly. Maybe this guitar experienced that at Samois. Feels fine now so either it was rehumidifed or the fret ends were filed down.

'm
    Michael, I was actually talking about the one in Francois' shop, the Busato copy, not the one you have there.
    Benny

-- Orson Welles
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    Me too...
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Ah...ok! :oops: