DjangoBooks.com

Report on Louisville's "Django Jamboree"

bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
edited December 2011 in North America Posts: 513
I had the pleasure of attending Ben Andrews' Django Jamboree last weekend. It was one action packed day, featuring a rhythm guitar workshop with Ben Wood of Franglais, violin workshops with Ben Powell, and lead guitar workshops with Adrien Moignard. There were a handful of violinists and the same number of guitarists, offering students 4 hours of Q & A, demonstrations, jamming and working over tunes. These ended at 5pm, giving everyone a chance to catch their breath and feed themselves before the evening concert.

The concert began at 7:30pm at Bellarmine University, a short drive from the clinic venue. Louisville's Gypsy Deville opened the evening, followed by Brooklyn's Franglais, and ended with Ben Powell and Adrien Moignard. Each of the acts was well received, culminating in the standing ovation given to the headliners at the close of the 3 hour concert.

Ben Andrews did a great job of organizing this event, and the sponsors helped to make this affordable for those of us that came for both the masterclasses and concert ($60 for attending 4 hours of classes, and the concert was free). Everyone there was friendly and acommodating to us out of towners.

Comments

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    My God...

This is so beautiful. Thanks to whomever posted the Jamboree vids.

You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Bob,
    I think Ben Powell posted the vids.
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    I believe the videos come from Ben Andrews' wife, who had the camcorder at stage left. I was in the front row at the other side. :-)

Very good show. Ben and Adrien have a great chemistry.

Adrian
  • I enjoyed that piece. Thanks for posting
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed