DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• I just got the complete collection. Checked out a few of the tunes and so far they are pretty much as notated in the DR Anthology.

The melody style doesn't carry over into the Real Styles :shock: or at least I haven't figured out how to do that so it sounds pretty cheesy on my laptop. The rhythm feel and sound is more to my liking using the GJ realstyles so perhaas that is an upgrade that the person who created this set could look at doing at some point

There are instructions on other ways around that using soundfiles but I am not that bothered by it at this stage.

Definitely saves a whole bunch of time if one hasn't got a lot of GJ tunes in BIAB.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • musicmountain7musicmountain7 Athens Greece
    Hi!

Thanks for buying!
    I've made this project using VSC Roland for play back!
    Suggestion: Always try to play triplets in sweep position (three strings down stroke),
    or in a single string (H-O) (P-O) Hammer on & Pull of.
    Try different positions on the fretboard to find the easiest and the most into the rhythm position as i mention above.

S.P
  • PetrovPetrov ✭✭
    Old thread, but I'm considering buying the complete collection. I've recently purchased BIAB to practice over chord changes. Works great.

Now I'm interested in learning various Django solos at slower tempos to begin with.

Will these file create the solos in a practical/playable tab format? Or will it simply give the notes and would have to play around to find the right positions or strings?
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    @Pertrov I do think there is a way to get BIAB to generate TAB. However, I don't think it would be very useful as the fingerings wouldn't correspond with how Django would have played it. The BIAB files do have standard notation so you can learn the solo from that by applying your knowledge of Gypsy Picking and the appropriate left hand fingerings.
  • PetrovPetrov ✭✭
    Thanks. I can't read much of the standard notation apart from timing. I do very well with tab with a slowed down solo to listen and get the time and feel.

Where would one look for this? I can definitely see the BIAB collection helping me with timing as I would be able to slow it down. Does Django books or anyone else sell tab versions of Django's songs?

Thanks again @Michael Horowitz .
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator