DjangoBooks.com

Myers Pickups

Comments

• bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Bought one. I will give a full report once I complete my gigs this week. First impressions: excellent sound, needing very little eq.
    Wow nice, thanks @bopster
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    This is now my first choice for a guitar mic. I will keep my Pro-70 handy, but after 4 gigs with varying venues and volumes, I was very impressed!

• HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    edited April 2014 Posts: 225
    Thanks!
    HCQ
    This is great, thanks man!
  • Al WatskyAl Watsky New JerseyVirtuoso
    Cool !
    @bopster I saw in the other thread that you had another mic, forgot the name right now, so looks like you went through quite a few trials. Which other mics did you try and does Myers come ahead of all the others you tried?
    Thanks!
    I've used the following:

Audio Technica Pro-70
    AKG C411 PP contact cond. mic
    Myers Pickup

All have overall good sound, but my top two picks have been the Pro 70 and the Myers. I have been using the Myers more now, as it seems to 1) have the most balanced sound of all 6 strings, and 2) has a more discreet pickup pattern. The gooseneck plays a big part, allowing more options for getting a "sweet spot."

I have had to play in very "live" rooms with many dancers, and when my volume goes up, the Pro-70 picks up more crowd noise.

Buco, if you're going to MGSF in Madison this September, I'll bring the mic and a small rig for you to hear/try out.
    Buco
    Ahhh AKG was the other one I saw your comments on.
    I might get one before Sep but I sure hope I'll be around this year and go to Madison.
    Thanks
    I ordered one too.
    I'm practicing a fingerstyle song that I'm gonna play at the wedding this summer and this mic will do the trick ,hopefully, amplifying my Martin. Poor thing has been in the closet for far too long, I should put a nut back in the dreadnought. Of course I can't wait to try it out with my GJ guitar.

@bopster hey nice picture on Myers site!

Buco