DjangoBooks.com

Manouche guitars

rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
edited December 2009 in Welcome Posts: 605
Looks like the end of a great run of guitars-John's Selmer replicas should be interesting though..
:(

http://www.manouche-guitars.com/index.aspx
I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell

Comments

• GregocideGregocide New
    Wow, I bought my manouche about two weeks ago. I'm extremely glad I got it then. It is a great guitar, sad to hear they're splitting up. They have had a few big names endorsing their guitars too, i wonder what will happen with them now.
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    That's sad news. The best of luck to Tony and John: I'm sure they' re both going for excellent things.

P.S.
    Sad, but... on the other hand, this way chances are the first batch will become legendary and I've got the n° 20! :D
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    So let the bidding begin!

I've still got #34 and I play it every day 'cause I just love it. Tony & John are great guys.

This had to happen. The main problem with Manouche Guitars was that they were too good for the money.
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Sad news indeed but c'est la vie. And who knows what's to come. One of the guys in the Glasgow Hot Club plays a Manouche and it's a really nice guitar. And I'll always be grateful to John for letting me play the Selmer at Samois this year.

Best wishes to both of them for the future

Alan
    always learning
  • swing68swing68 Poznan, Poland✭✭✭ Manouche Modele Orchestre, JWC Catania Swing
    #382 here in Poland raises a hand to its older brethren.

Despite still being in nappies it's got a fine growl on it which is starting to warm up most promisingly.

One slight difference about this one - it's a Ferre Brothers (rather than Moreno) D-Hole Orchestre, made in June this year according to the docs. Does anyone else have one from this batch?

Like the rest of you - glad I got in there when I did!

Best, Alex (swing68)
    The war on Am7 and Cmaj7 begins here ...
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    The Ferre brothers model is one of my dream guitars-nice work! The price of them will surely go up in time??
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell