DjangoBooks.com

true stage setup

hi all
what kind of this following setups is better? why ?

[b]1)[/b]Guitar----->Amp+internal effects----(Amp D.I. outputs)---->PA

[b]2)[/b]Guitar----->Amp+internal effects----(single mic front the Amp cab)---->PA

[b]3)[/b]Guitar----->Amp+internal effects----(Single mic front the Amp cab+Amp D.I. outputs)---->PA

[b]4)[/b]Guitar----->Preamp---->Amp+internal effects---(Single mic front the Amp cab or Amp D.I. outputs)---->PA

[b]5)[/b]Guitar----->Preamp+external effect in loop ----(Preamp output)---->PA

[b]6)[/b]!??

Any recommendations
Experiences.
[i]regards
Mehran.s [/i]

Comments

• IMO would depend greatly on what actual equipment used. What mic in front of amp etc etc.

What size of room are you playing in ...

What is group makeup....
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Mehran sMehran s ✭✭✭
    Jazzaferri wrote:
    What mic in front of amp etc etc.
    Shure sm57 Dynamic Microphone
    Jazzaferri wrote:
    What size of room are you playing in ...
    play live on stage
    Jazzaferri wrote:
    What is group makeup....
    for solo or GJ trio
  • Personally I hate the sound of sm57's way too harsh for acoustic guitar to my ears .... even the beta however they are almost indestructible in relative mic durability

If you want the sound of the guitar to be as natural as possible the more signal processing that happens the more difficult to keep the sound natural

If you can afford them the DPA mini mics either the 6061 or 4099 if you wish to go direct to pa. Don't need a cord even .... compatible with wireless systems. Mic clips to upper bout and the flexible arm gives you the ability to find the sweet spot.

If you want a sweet sounding guitar mic Marshall mxl 603 is about $60 and with a single ART preamp about the same will plug into PA direct and with the pre you have some control on volume. If you are playing in large halls feedback could be an issue at higher volume levels

Just one mans opinion ...

I haven't heard any pickups in acoustic guitars that I like the sound of.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed