2021 Dupont Nomade D Hole 2021 Dupont Nomade D Hole Dupont Handmade in Cognac France by the world's best Selmer builder and the price can't be beat! Arts & Entertainment > Hobbies & Creative Arts > Musical Instruments > String Instruments > Guitars > Acoustic Guitars dupont-nomade-2021-d-2 Nomade 4.9 7
5 5
I have now had my Nomade for one month. Before receiving my Dupont I was concerned on its ease of playing and its versatility. I wanted a guitar true to the gypsy jazz tradition but that would be fine for other genres. No problem there. Within minutes the guitar felt at home in my hands. The body shape, neck, frets, action and quality were all spot on. Open strings really stand out, great for chord melodies, and the Nomade is good for finger picking too. Love this guitar and it has inspi...
5 5
I contacted Michael to seek a recommendation for a less expensive "backup" for my Barault oval hole, and he suggested the Nomade. Wow- what a guitar! it has a fast neck, a BIG sound, and, although simply appointed, is a very attractive, well-built instrument. The woods used are high quality, and the build is smooth and precise. The best part is the tone. I am quite pleased with this purchase.
5 5
Naturally, Michael was more then helpful throughout my search for a guitar. I asked lotssssssss of questions about the difference between high end Asian guitars vs low priced European builds and I am very pleased to have chosen the later under Michael's guidance. I love the Dupont. It has a great balanced tone, a lot of bite, and is quite dry. I also asked endless questions about different amp/pickup combinations, strings, pics .... enough questions to turn most salespeople away, yet Michael...
5 5
I just received my new Dupont Nomade D Hole today and couldn't be happier with the purchase. I have a Paris Swing 42 (which sounds pretty good and plays fairly well), however the Dupont is a totally different class of guitar. The sound and playability far surpasses that of the Paris Swing (in my opinion). The bolt on neck was a concern, but is a non-issue after playing the instrument. For the money, the Dupont Nomade seems to be a good choice.
5 5
I purchased my Nomade O-hole in 2011. It has served me well over the years, and has held up despite being subjected to fluctuations in both temperature and humidity. The tone is what you would expect from a Dupont. The woods are well cured, the hardware is no frills but high quality, the build is first rate. This year, after trying a few Asian guitars, my wife finally purchased the Nomade D-hole. She is glad she did. The Nomade may be considered an "entry" level guitar, but in my opinion thes...
5 5
I couldn't be happier with this guitar! It has amazing sound and playability for the price! I have taken it to many jams and performances and always gotten positive feedback from others who have played it as well. It is the real deal.
4 5
My Du Pont Nomad is a decent guitar. The action is decent; the sound is decent; and the appearance is decent. By decent, I mean that a veteran guitarist who knows his way around the instrument could find a lot to be pleased with in the Du Pont Nomad. Under 2K, the guitar is a definite good buy. The workmanship is professional grade. You don't need to take it to a luthier when you get it. Mine played just fine out of the box. You can dig in and get a full resounding response from the Nomad. You c...
View Offer DjangoBooks.com
Home / Previously Sold / Dupont Guitars / 2021 Dupont Nomade D Hole

2021 Dupont Nomade D Hole

2021 Dupont Nomade D Hole

Maurice Dupont has long been one of the most respected luthiers in France and one of the first contemporary makers to specialize in producing the Selmer Maccaferri guitar. Maurice first gained recognition as a builder of classical guitars and in 1989 was bestowed with the honor of "Best French Craftsman." Maurice was an apprentice of the legendary Gypsy guitar maker Jacques Favino, and in 1986 he began building his own Selmer style guitars which quickly became the most popular choice of professional Gypsy guitarists. Countless Gypsy stars including Raphael Fays, Biréli Lagrène, Tchavolo Schmitt, and Romane have played Dupont guitars which appear on hundreds of recordings.

Dupont's Gypsy models are built entirely in Cognac, France by master luthiers Patrick (who joined the Dupont team in 1994) and Mathias (since 2002) under the supervision of Maurice Dupont. The collective experience.of the Dupont team along with Maurice's stock of well aged, select tonewoods yields instruments of unsurpassed tone and playability.

The Nomade has the sound and playability of Dupont's best instruments at an affordable price! This model is constructed in France by the same skilled luthiers who build Dupont's $9K flagship models. Dupont's ingenuity allowed him to produce a guitar with the playability and sound of a high end European guitar for a fraction of what the standard models go for. Nearly everything else in this price range is Asian made and simply can't compete with the precision workmanship and sound of this French made instrument. Here's an opportunity to get a traditional sounding Gypsy guitar built by the best!

The Nomade has sapelli back and sides, French spruce top, mahogany neck, and a satin finish. The neck is bolted on and can be removed which is handy when traveling. The bolt-on neck has no effect on the sound or playability. It is simply a cost saving measure.

The sound is very impressive....very similar to the MDC-50 which is over twice the price! It has the classic "dry" Dupont sound with nice shimmery highs and loads of volume.

Includes soft shell travel case.

This is the CASH price...add 3% (4% for International orders) if you'd like to pay with a credit card.
Pricing Info:
SOLD
Guitar Specs

Reviews and Ratings

Overall
Quality
Value

Dupont Nomade

I have now had my Nomade for one month. Before receiving my Dupont I was concerned on its ease of playing and its versatility. I wanted a guitar true to the gypsy jazz tradition but that would be fine for other genres. No problem there. Within minutes the guitar felt at home in my hands. The body shape, neck, frets, action and quality were all spot on. Open strings really stand out, great for chord melodies, and the Nomade is good for finger picking too. Love this guitar and it has inspired me to play as much as I can. Thank you Michael for your advise on picking the best guitar to match my criteria. Much appreciated. Rick

Submitted by: Rick on 07/17/2019 11:21:05 AM

Overall
Quality
Value

Nomade!

Pros: Pro grade guitar that is affordable

Cons: none

I contacted Michael to seek a recommendation for a less expensive "backup" for my Barault oval hole, and he suggested the Nomade. Wow- what a guitar! it has a fast neck, a BIG sound, and, although simply appointed, is a very attractive, well-built instrument. The woods used are high quality, and the build is smooth and precise. The best part is the tone. I am quite pleased with this purchase.

Submitted by: Scott P. on 08/17/2016 02:34:49 PM

Overall
Quality
Value

2015 Dupont Nomade Purchase

Naturally, Michael was more then helpful throughout my search for a guitar. I asked lotssssssss of questions about the difference between high end Asian guitars vs low priced European builds and I am very pleased to have chosen the later under Michael's guidance. I love the Dupont. It has a great balanced tone, a lot of bite, and is quite dry. I also asked endless questions about different amp/pickup combinations, strings, pics .... enough questions to turn most salespeople away, yet Michael was quick and happy to respond, giving me lengthy explanations when needed. Super great service. I don't see myself looking anywhere else for any of my Gypsy Guitar needs.

Submitted by: Rolan on 01/07/2016 08:07:33 AM

Overall
Quality
Value

Dupont Nomade

I just received my new Dupont Nomade D Hole today and couldn't be happier with the purchase. I have a Paris Swing 42 (which sounds pretty good and plays fairly well), however the Dupont is a totally different class of guitar. The sound and playability far surpasses that of the Paris Swing (in my opinion). The bolt on neck was a concern, but is a non-issue after playing the instrument. For the money, the Dupont Nomade seems to be a good choice.

Submitted by: Greg on 05/01/2015 01:37:54 PM

Overall
Quality
Value

Dupont Nomade

I purchased my Nomade O-hole in 2011. It has served me well over the years, and has held up despite being subjected to fluctuations in both temperature and humidity. The tone is what you would expect from a Dupont. The woods are well cured, the hardware is no frills but high quality, the build is first rate. This year, after trying a few Asian guitars, my wife finally purchased the Nomade D-hole. She is glad she did. The Nomade may be considered an "entry" level guitar, but in my opinion these are professional grade instruments. The tone, the attention to detail, everything that matters is just a cut above the Asian imports. And while the Asian imports may be a great value, the Dupont is...well, a Dupont.

Submitted by: Randy on 11/25/2013 06:06:48 PM

Overall
Quality
Value

2011 Dupont Nomade D hole

I couldn't be happier with this guitar! It has amazing sound and playability for the price! I have taken it to many jams and performances and always gotten positive feedback from others who have played it as well. It is the real deal.

Submitted by: Astub37 on 01/30/2013 06:44:30 PM

Overall
Quality
Value

a good buy

My Du Pont Nomad is a decent guitar. The action is decent; the sound is decent; and the appearance is decent. By decent, I mean that a veteran guitarist who knows his way around the instrument could find a lot to be pleased with in the Du Pont Nomad. Under 2K, the guitar is a definite good buy. The workmanship is professional grade. You don't need to take it to a luthier when you get it. Mine played just fine out of the box. You can dig in and get a full resounding response from the Nomad. You can vary your attack and the guitar will respond, whether you feather a chord or ring it out by digging in deeply. As one who is basically a jazz and finger-style player, gypsy jazz guitars have always been a physical challenge. But, I don't mind my few fumbles caused by lack of hand strength relative to a gypsy jazz guitar because the Nomad gives me a good payoff in sound. If you want to try your hand at the Django repertoire, I think the Nomad is worth the price as your first guitar. For many, it could be your only gypsy jazz guitar. It's that good.

Submitted by: Lou on 04/22/2011 09:02:54 PM

You Might Also Like...

Wegen Gypsy Jazz Pick White

The original "Wegen" Gypsy Guitar pick. 3.5mm thick, 30mm long, 26mm wide.

$18.50
Argentine Strings (1 set): 1510MF

The original Gypsy jazz strings! Used by Django Reinhard and nearly every other Gypsy guitarist.

$9.50
Maurice Dupont / Stimer reissue ST48 D Hole

Vintage Django tone for Selmer/Maccaferri D hole guitars.

$360.00
Home  |  Forum  |  Blog  |  Contact  |  206-528-9873
The Premier Gypsy Jazz Marketplace
DjangoBooks.com
USD CAD GBP EUR AUD
Your Cart
Your Cart: Empty
USD CAD GBP EUR AUD
Banner Adverts
Sell Your Guitar
© 2024 DjangoBooks.com, all rights reserved worldwide.
Software: Kryptronic eCommerce, Copyright 1999-2024 Kryptronic, Inc. Exec Time: 0.080505 Seconds Memory Usage: 2.4067 Megabytes
Kryptronic